Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Honey Ginger Snaps

I'm not going to lie. I am not a huge gingersnap fan. However, after tweeking this recipe, I think I have to say I have converted. I toned down the overpowering molasses flavor in this soft, cookie. You'll have to tell me if you like it.

Honey Ginger Snaps

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 c. butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 T orange juice
1/8 c. molasses
1/8 c. honey
2 T sugar crystals

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift together the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Set aside.

In a large bowl, cream together the butter and the cup of sugar until light and fluffy. bet in the egg, then add juice and the molasses and honey. Gradually stir in the sifted ingredients into the honey/molasses mixture. After mixing well, shape dough into walnut-sized balls. Then lightly roll the tops of the cookies into the sugar crystals. Place them on a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper or a silpat liner. Flatten the cookies slightly.

Bake the cookies for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and cool on a rack for at least 5 minutes. Store the cookies in an airtight container. Yields about two dozen cookies.




No comments:

Post a Comment