Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Raspberry Colada Popcorn

Did you know Pyrex turns100 this year? And I don't think they could be more popular. Have you seen the prices of some of their vintage bowls? I am lucky to have one and decided to fill it with popcorn today to celebrate. Not just any popcorn, but Raspberry Colada Popcorn. The recipe I adapted calls for Pineapple Extract to make it a PiƱa Colada, however for years I haven't been able to find Pineapple Extract. If any of you know where I can find that, please let me know! So, in the meantime I found raspberry extract in my cupboard and used it.


Raspberry Colada Popcorn

1 batch of popped popcorn (I use air pop)
1 cube butter
2/3 c. sugar
1/3 c. corn syrup
pinch salt
1 T coconut extract
1 T Raspberry extract
2-3 drops of red food coloring

Melt butter. Add sugar, Karo syrup, and salt; stir until boiling. Boil 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add extracts. Pour over popped popcorn and stir until mixed.


No comments:

Post a Comment