Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Do any of you remember that Friends episode where Phoebe makes an amazing chocolate chip cookie? Monica spends countless hours trying to recreate it. Then, Phoebe remembers she thought it was from an aunt or someone named, 'Nestle Tollhouse' pronouncing it with a horrible French accent, revealing she just baked the recipe on the chocolate chip cookie package?
Well, that's about how these cookies are. They are amazing, and they are indeed printed on the back of the Reese's peanut butter cookie package. But, hey! I love them.

I grew up loving them because I don't like chocolate chip cookies. This was my mom's attempt in appeasing me since I was "weird" in most kids' eyes for not liking America's favorite cookie.

Apparently, my son loves these, too. He was the only one who seemed excited to see these on the counter after school. He pled for me to let him have them all. That's typical of my growing 14 year-old.

Peanut Butter Chip Chocolate Cookies


1 cup butter or margarine
1 1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
2/3 cups Cocoa
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 pkg. Reese's Peanut Butter Chips

Cream butter or margarine, sugar, eggs and vanilla until light and fluffy. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixtures. Stir in peanut butter chips. Chill until firm enough to handle.

Shape small amounts of dough into 1-inch thick balls. Place on uncreased baking sheet and flatten slightly with a fork. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Cook 1 minute before removing from cookie sheet onto wire rack. Makes about 6 dozen 2 1/2-inch cookies.


No comments:

Post a Comment