Thursday, July 14, 2016

Fluffy White Rolls

Well, I have realized you can't rush great rolls. Find yourself a good task to keep you at home and start the oven (well, not immediately -- they have to rise). That's what I did today. I purged out two boys' bedrooms --whew -- and made rolls for an army (it seemed).

So, today I am sharing a family recipe given to me from my mother-in-law who I think got it from her neighbor. Anyway, it's proven to be a winner by many families.




Best Rolls
1 c. warm water
2 T yeast
sugar


2 1/2 c. warm water
1 c. vegetable oil
3/4 c. sugar
1 T salt
3 eggs, beaten
10 1/2 c. flour


Start yeast mixture by sprinkling yeast in the one cup of water. Sprinkle with sugar. Add the second group of ingredients (except flour and eggs) in your mixer with a dough hook. Add to it the yeast mixture then some of the flour and the eggs. Continue flour additions until a soft dough forms.


Let rise in bowl with a warm, damp cloth over it until double in bulk -- or until the dough starts spilling over the bowl.


Roll out dough onto lightly floured surface. I usually only roll out half of the dough mixture at a time. Using a circular cutter or an upside-down cup, cut out circles in the dough and place them on a sprayed cookie sheet.


Again, let rise until double in bulk. This rising tends to be only about half as long as the first.
Bake for 15 minutes in a preheat

ed oven at 375 degrees.


Make sure you have plenty of butter and jam on hand!
This made two cookie sheets full of rolls. And in no time, some are gone already.



No comments:

Post a Comment